The Death Guard are the chosen instruments of Nurgle, Chaos God of despair and decay, and one of the nine Traitor Legions that betrayed the Emperor during the Horus Heresy. Formerly known as the Dusk Raiders, the XIV Legion were rechristened the Death Guard when they were united with their Primarch Mortarion during the Great Crusade.
The Death Guard takes great pride in their resistance to poisons, disease, and mortality in general. Even prior to their fall into treachery the Death Guard were famous for their resilience and attrition warfare tactics. This resilience was further augmented by the touch of Nurgle that frees them from the burden of pain, their nerve endings long since rotted away.
The Death Guard march to war accompanied by various other minions of Nurgle. Droning daemon engines skim ahead of the main Death Guard advance while mobile artillery tanks crawl along behind. Infected civilians, touched by Nurgle’s gifts shamble towards the enemy lines as daemons manifest from the pools of effluent left in their wake. At the head of the foul menagerie, borne aloft on tattered wings, is Nurgle’s angel, the fallen daemon Primarch Mortarion.
With the breaching of the Cadian Gate and the occurrence of the great rift, the Death Guard march forth from the Plague Planet once more, treading upon Imperial soil despoiling the ground and spreading Nurgle’s bountiful gifts to an ungrateful Imperium.
This definitive Codex for all Death Guard collectors includes;
- Background, history and origins of the Death Guard
- Different Death Guard vectorium colour schemes, with a host of inspiring photography
- 33 datasheets containing
- Rules for every Death Guard unit
- Rules for all Death Guard weapons and wargear
- Rules for Battle-forged armies that include Death Guard detachments including:
- Army abilities
- 14 unique Stratagems
- 6 unique Warlord Traits
- The Relics of Decay
- Contagion psychic discipline
- 6 unique tactical objectives
- Points values for all models, weapons and wargear for use in matched play games
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.